Abyss Odyssey: Extended Dream Edition Announced for PS4
Fall into the dream world of Abyss Odyssey — This time on PlayStation 4!
With the addition of an online PvP mode, as well as upgraded graphics and an overall smoother play experience, PlayStation 4 owners will truly see the best version of this visually stunning action adventure game!
From indie Chilean developer ACE Team comes Abyss Odyssey, an Art Nouveau-styled, side-scrolling action adventure game featuring a complex fighting engine in procedurally generated levels that destine its three warriors to battle for an eternity. Chain your attack and release a flurry of blows in order to survive what lies beneath.
In Abyss Odyssey: Extended Dream Edition, the side-scrolling levels never play out the same way twice – be it the monsters they are filled with, the locations of life-saving merchants, or the pathways between levels. There are only two constants in Abyss Odyssey: a great evil awaits at the bottom of the pit, and succeed or die, the nightmare will continue. But the enemies in the abyss are no mere fodder – each one has a complex set of moves. They also have a weakness: almost every enemy can be possessed and controlled by the player….
• Technically Deep – Since combat is the core of the game, ACE Team specifically focused on implementing fighting game mechanics into
the action. Dodge-cancels and other demanding techniques will unlock the warriors’ true powers in combat.
• A New Nightmare – Abyss Odyssey veterans can double-down on the challenge with the Nightmare difficulty level, where enemies move quicker, hit harder, and well…if you aren’t confident in your combos, you should get used to seeing the void room.
• New Enemies – A familiar face returns – Golem from Zeno Clash makes an appearance as a new mini-boss! Also brand new to consoles are the Tirana mini-boss, the White Phantom, and the Warlock Titan – a unique final boss who you might encounter fighting alongside one the original Warlock’s many forms.
• The Infinite Abyss – Procedurally generated levels will keep the three warriors battling for eternity.
• Meta Odyssey – At the bottom of the abyss is the Warlock. Once the community collectively beats a boss a certain number of times, the boss changes. The Extended Dream Edition has all the recent PC updates to the Warlock, but a whole new community to try and unlock each mask!
• Know Thy Enemy - Possess almost any enemy in the game to use its skills and combat abilities… each foe is as technically complex as the main warriors.
• ACE Developed - From the independent team behind some of the most boldly creative, aesthetic titles: the Zeno Clash Series and Rock of Ages.