Excalibur breaks the mold of traditional space simulation games by putting the player firmly in the boots of an experienced Starfleet captain. From the outset you will be able to control your character and command your ship as if you were standing on the bridge yourself.
From taking direct control of the helm, to transferring command of any ship in your task force, or even calling your senior staff to the briefing room to discuss mission tactics; Excalibur is the most immersive Star Trek experience ever.
- Immense open universe to navigate and explore
- Hundreds of ship interiors and environments
- Command and micro-manage your task force as you see fit
- A totally new story which reacts to your decisions
- Fully functional environments
Excalibur not only brings the franchise up to date with the latest visual effects from the NanoFX renderer, it also delivers an unprecedented level of detail to create the most authentic Star Trek experience. From characters, to ships, to planets and solar systems right through to the single player campaign, every element of Excalibur has been researched and referenced exhaustively to ensure it stays true to the shows.
Set six months after the events in Star Trek: Nemesis, Excalibur's story mode deals with the turbulent political scene caused by a decade of war and turmoil. From the second Borg incursion in First Contact, to the fall of the Dominion and the collapse of the Romulan political system; these events resulted in huge loss of life and changed the Alpha Quadrant forever.
- A new Trek story exploring the impact of well-known events
- Faithful reproduction of hundreds
- Explore a canon Star Trek universe
- Deferred lighting brings space to life like never before
- VFX designed to match the show as closely as possible
Excalibur has been developed along side a brand new engine called "Evolved" which brings unprecedented power and flexibility to develop the features that Star Trek fans have longed to see in game.
Explore a completely open Star Trek universe with no boundaries or loading times, separate your saucer section to double your chances, or divert power from life support to get that all important last phaser blast. Its all possible with the power of Evolved.
- Newtonian physics take realism to the next level
- Full ship animations and separations
- Detailed hardpoint system
- Procedurally generated universe
- Flexible mission system - make your own decisions
All good starfleet engineers know the importance of flexibility in a tool. Our mission is to help the Star Trek community create the game that they want to play by building the most flexible and intuitive tools right into Excalibur.
With hundreds of features specifically designed to help third parties make and modify content for the game, Excalibur will be the perfect platform for ongoing development by the community for years after its release.
- HTML User Interfaces - easily edited with widely known skills
- Many standards supported, giving artists more choice
- Editable Python scripts give more power to scripters
- Integrated development tools make testing easy
- Install new mods without the hassle
Category: How to computer